Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's baaaaaaaaaack!

Ok, folks baseball is back in all its glory. But I've been there and done that. Several times. No, this is about someone else's baseball addiction: The Sports Guy. My brother has worshipped at his altar for a few years and I think I might now too. He writes about baseball, The O.C., RR/RW Challenges, his woman (Sports Gal), the trials and tribulations of fatherhood, and did I mention the Red Sox? Yes, he is one of SoxNation which is alternately hilarious (Johnny Damon aka Judas in CF) and a little psycho:

"I can't even speak right now. Why throw Foulke out there? Why? Couldn't we enjoy one satisfying Opening Day win in peace? Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day worrying about this. Five-year grace period, five-year schmace period."

And I thought I was a Cubs fan, sheesh.

Nonetheless, the man has skills. He entertains, he cajols, he bitches, he moans, he's a gambling addict, he worships Michael Jordan, and he acknowledges that his job is awesome (which it is). What is also awesome about reading his columns is that, invariably, I will be talking to some guy who will then quote SG like he made up one of these little witticisms himself.

Caught you red-handed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home