Thursday, March 30, 2006

Kickbooze

I finally did it. I joined a kickball team. DC is famed for its casual sports scene (softball, kickball, and even bocce ball) and after I was the groupie for Calkimmy's team last year I decided now was the time to join.

Last night's intro happy hour showed me what I will be up against: peer pressure, free booze, and competitive flip cup This is a deadly combination for most people, myself included. Did I also mentioned that I have joined TWO kickball teams? How can I reject alcohol when it's free? How can I not compete in anything? (Especially when your team is egging you on.) But most importantly, how can I do this twice a week? Adding Monday and Wednesday to "going out" days is a significant jump for someone who barely holding her own on the weekends. I know I drank 4 days a week in college, but I got to sleep until 11am everyday. 7am wake up calls and late night boozing are an instant recipe for oversleeping disasters.

I may have gotten more than I bargained for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home