Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It happened one night...

Last night the cosmos conspired to make three disparate events occur on the same night and the cumulative effect made me feel...something. I can't quite verbalize what it is, but I feel like it was a turning point.

First, I decided to write a letter. Not just any letter, but a cathartic ex-boyfriend letter. I am not sure if it's meant to be sent, but damn did it feel good to write! I am a lifelong journal-er but for some reason I hadn't been able to write these exact feelings down in journal form. Writing it in a letter made it at least feel like I was communicating directly with him. It helped. A lot. (It also made me think of that Friends episode where Rachel writes Ross a letter detailing the problems with their last relationship before she'll get back together with him, but he falls asleep before he finishes it. "You fell asleep?!?!" "It was 18 pages!!! FRONT AND BACK!!!")

Then said ex-boyfriend IMed me to say happy belated birthday. This wouldn't have been a big deal, but I was a) mid-letter and b) we hadn't talked in TWO MONTHS! What are the odds, I mean really? This prompted a phone call from me which then lead to a nice 20 minute conversation. Maybe it was the letter, maybe it was the catching up, but I felt pretty good.

The third thing is my little secret. Sorry about that, but it's for you own good.

Cosmos 3, Libberash 0 (I'm okay with that)

1 Comments:

Blogger BobtheBatmobile said...

I always wished I could journal and never was able to. that is, until I discovered letter-writing journaling. Now I do it almost any time I have something I want to work out. They go in a notebook and will never be sent. But it helps me.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home