Thursday, October 06, 2005

Ode to a Friday hangover

Remember when Thursday was the start of the weekend? Remember when you would drink Tuesday (Rick's), Wednesday (Mitch's) and Thursday night (Rick's late night) and then stay in on the weekend to do homework? Damn. I tried to recreate that weeknight love tonight at Hawk 'n' Dove with Lizzie and let me tell you: it's just not the same. Friday is still as long as any other day of the week and in DC it just doesn't smell like a good, clean fall day that it does in Ann Arbor.

These days I am especially reminiscent considering that Saturday is Michigan's homecoming and the majority of my friends are going back for it. My friend Suzanne just drunkenly text-messaged me to tell me that they are playing our song at Mitch's as we speak. Nothing like listening to "Toxic" while groping the nearest guy and drinking $1 pitchers of Beast. You can't buy memories like that. I miss you Blue!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home