Saturday, October 01, 2005

I ♥ Coldplay

You knew that, but writing it somehow makes it more official. Neither traffic nor annoying teenagers could keep me from loving their show. Ok, well traffic definitely tried harder. I have been to Nissan Pavillon before and it took me 45 minutes. I left an hour just to be safe and got royally screwed. There were accidents, lane closures, construction--basically anything that can cause hard core traffic. 2.5 hours later Emily and I pulled into the parking lot (along with many others who were stuck in the same situation) and I could hear the band from there. Fuck. I think I missed like 25 minutes of the show which could have been at least five songs. Double fuck. Oh well, I could hear them playing Trouble and so I moved towards the light.

I got my seats so long ago (May) that I hadn't actually looked at the tickets for awhile. They were great: first level, row R. They played everything that I could have wanted, Scientist, White Shadows, Clocks (with an awesome light show), Talk, Kingdom Come, plus they played a cover of Johnny Cash's, Ring of Fire. For the encore, Chris Martin ran into the audience and sang In My Place from the middle of the pavillon. Take that Bono.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home