Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bloggers' dilemma

I think I've been re-blogging long enough to go a little meta on you in regards to blogging.

It's starting to feel like an addiction. Like I'll be letting down the 5 people who read this regularly by not posting. I feel like I've been posting at an heightened clip since I started again, but it doesn't feel like enough. What is enough? And how much should I really expose? Considering this is hardly an anonymous blog, what is the line between harmless anecdotes and journal-like intensity? I'm wavering at that line right now and I'm afraid that if I go with the former I will get tired of posting relatively soon, but if I go with the latter I'm afraid that you will know much more than I ever really intended.

Posting my innermost thoughts and feelings would make this blog a hell of a lot more interesting/melodramatic, what have you, but I don't know if I have the desire to have the entire blogosphere be able to search my life with the click of a button. Plus, no one is an island so anything that I blog about which is personal would concern someone else who, presumably, doesn't really have any interest in having me publish my thoughts about them.

But wait, they're at my mercy. They have no control. I could skewer you and you would have absolutely no recourse. Ahh, blog as weapon-- that has some interesting potential.

I guess stay tuned to see which way I end up leaning. But it's probably a good idea not to piss me off in the meantime.

1 Comments:

Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

I love that your first Google ad is for anger management classes. Delightful.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home