Wednesday, August 11, 2004

We interrupt this blog for a public service announcement

Well, you knew it wasn't going to be long before I brought my work home with me. Pete Coors won the Colorado Republican primary yesterday which means that he is bringing all his money and name recognition up against my guy, Ken Salazar. Now Ken is an awesome candidate: he's been Attorney General since 1998 which means he's won two statewide elections as a Democrat. That's pretty impressive considering that Colorado Springs is the birthplace of the Christian Coalition. People like him because he's very down to earth and very hardworking. Now all the of the sudden this self-made man has to fight for media attention and donor money against a silver-spooned brat who, I swear, woke up one day and said, "Maybe I should be a Senator." It's the same sense of entitlement that other notable politicians have. It comes with having too much wealth and a serious chip on your shoulder. So don't believe the hype: Coors is big loser who was just lucky enough to be born into Colorado's first family. And we don't want anymore of his kind here in DC--Dubya is more than enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home