Monday, August 09, 2004

The best possible use of tax dollars

Ok, so a note about police states: I now live in one. Courtesy of our Department of Homeland Security I am now required to have my car searched when entering and leaving Capitol Hill. In my opinion, the Hill is now just the world's most expensive gated community. But to some it smacks of a violation of civil liberties. As my friend pointed out, it would feel a lot less like a violation if they actually searched my car thoroughly, but a quick eye scan of the passengers without checking the trunk is hardly an adequate search for a car bomb. Unless there is something I don't know about car bombs ie, terrorists never put them in a car's trunk. All of this is costing taxpayers something like an extra $1.5 million a day. A mere pittance really. But don't all of you feel better knowing that government is really on top of things?

1 Comments:

Blogger TR said...

I know I feel safer knowing that you don't know much about car bombs. And $1.5 mil a day? ARod does that much in like a week, so I'm not impressed.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home