Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Virus attacks

Adam,"The Computer Guy," has totally restored my faith in the world. I accidentally downloaded a virus on my brand-spanking new computer (don't ask) and the anti-virus software I downloaded to catch it was defective. So basically I had the bagel virus flying around inside my computer, self-replicating, while my virus-scan told me everything was a-ok. Wrong. I couldn't send emails from my internet email accounts, I couldn't view pictures on certain websites and my computer seemed to be angry at me.
Adam comes over here and deletes my old anti-virus software, downloads a new FREE version and poof! 273 viruses found and deleted on my computer! No wonder it was so freakin' angry at me. He also downloaded another browser for me because internet explorer, um, SUCKS. So far he's 2-for-2, then comes the kicker. He was here for 2 hours and he charged, drumroll, FIFTEEN DOLLARS!!!! Awesome.