Monday, March 22, 2004

Adventures of Smurfette the Wonder Civic

I'm not an automotive expert, but when something falls off your car isn't it supposed to be put back on? Apparently not. There was this piece of rubber that was wrapped below the grill on the front of my car and when I stopped at the gas station on the way home this weekend, half of it had become loose. So rather than let it dangle on the ground at 80mph, I tore it the rest of the way off and decided to go to the dealership when I got back. I go into the Honda dealership today and I tell the guy what happened and he says, "Do you need us to pull it off?" and I said, "No, already did that." And he proceeds to tell me that it's not that important and that if he puts it back on it would probably come loose again if I pulled up to a parking space with a low curb. Basically this rubber piece is the equivalent of an appendix: it's fine as long as it's not causing problems, but when it does, you should remove it. Smurfette is obviously a fine automotive specimen.